NECK LIFT SURGERY: LIFT, DEFINE, AND REJUVENATE THE LOWER FACE AND NECK
A firm, well-defined neckline is an aesthetically desirable trait at any age, but over time, gravitational forces and the loss of elasticity associated with the natural aging cause the development of unwelcome visible signs of aging around the neck, jawline, and chin region. These undesirable cosmetic changes may include:
- Prominent vertical or horizontal bands and/or cords along the neck
- Declining definition along the jawline as a result of weakened neck musculature
- Increasing skin laxity causing the skin to hang loosely below the chin, creating the dreaded “turkey wattle” neck appearance
- The development of fatty jowls or a double chin due to the accumulation of fat deposits and atrophying musculature in the neck region
Factors such as genetics, unprotected exposure to the sun, smoking, improper nutrition, and weight gain/loss can also contribute to and exacerbate the aforementioned undesirable cosmetic changes to the neck region. It is common for men and women who have rapidly lost a significant amount of weight to experience loose, hanging skin in the neck area. The successful eradication of excess, sagging neck skin requires surgical treatment, because loose skin cannot be eliminated through diet, exercise, or topical “skin firming” treatments.
Neck lift surgery empowers patients with an effective means of resolving a number of aesthetic problems in the neck region, and can have a rejuvenating effect on a patient’s overall facial appearance. When performed properly, neck lift surgery can slim your neckline and enhance the definition of your jawline to restore a more youthful facial profile. In order to achieve the best possible results from your neck lift surgery, it is important to select a competent and experienced facial plastic surgeon, such as Dr. D. David Saadat, of the Beverly Hills Aesthetic Surgical Institute. Dr. Saadat is a widely respected, Triple Board Certified Facial Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon who employs advanced surgical techniques to restore a sleek, lifted neck appearance through careful contouring, tightening, and sculpting of the neck tissues and musculature.
NECK LIFT PROCEDURAL DETAILS
Neck lift surgery can be performed either as a solo procedure, as one element of a facelift surgery, or in conjunction with one or more ancillary facial rejuvenation procedures (i.e. brow lift, blepharoplasty), depending upon the patient’s anatomy and aesthetic goals. There are a variety of surgical approaches that can be utilized during a neck lift, and your neck lift procedure can be customized to account for the underlying source of your cosmetic neck concerns. After studying your neck anatomy and listening to your surgical goals, Dr. Saadat may choose to incorporate one or more of the following surgical techniques into your personalized neck lift treatment plan:
- Neck Liposuction: neck liposuction is often performed as one component of a facelift or neck lift procedure, but it can also be used as a stand-alone technique for younger patients who have excellent skin elasticity but present with surplus fat in the neck region. When removing fat from the neck area, Dr. Saadat focuses on achieving even fat removal to produce a youthfully smooth neck appearance. Neck liposuction is a gentler, less invasive procedure than liposuction performed on larger body parts, and necessitates a much shorter recovery period
- platysmaplasty: the platysma is the thin, broad layer of muscle situated on each side of the neck. With age, the elasticity of the platysma begins to decline, causing the development of unsightly neck bands and cords. The literal definition of platysmaplasty is the “reconstruction of the neck muscles,” and this neck lift technique is ideally suited to lift and tighten the platysma to eliminate neck banding and cords
- Corset platysmaplasty: recognized for its ability to provide the most dramatic rejuvenation for the aging neck, the corset platysmaplasty technique differs from other neck lift protocols because it involves tightening the platysma muscle at its loosest point (under the chin). True to its name, the corset platysmaplasty tightens the neck muscular with multiple rows of surgical stitches in a similar fashion to how one would tighten a corset. This serves to firm the neck musculature, improves the appearance of a double chin, and produces a more youthfully defined neck. All remnants of fat from the sheet of neck musculature are removed using direct visualization, which facilitates a desirably sharp transition between the neck and jawline.
After your neck lift surgery, you may notice bruising, swelling, numbness, and/or tightness around the neck, ears, and jawline. The bruising should abate within the next 4-7 days; however, the neck tightness and numbness may persist for several months. The visible results of your neck lift will be apparent immediately after surgery, and these initial results will continue to improve over the next few months. For patients who present with mild to moderate signs of neck aging, Dr. Saadat may recommend a mini neck lift as a less invasive alternative to the full neck lift procedure.
CONTACT THE BEVERLY HILLS AESTHETIC SURGICAL INSTITUTE
As a valued patient at the Beverly Hills Aesthetic Surgical Institute, you will reap the benefits of a patient-centric practice built upon the core principle of comprehensive patient education. Triple Board Certified Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon Dr. D. David Saadat goes to great lengths to ensure that his patients understand the full range of surgical and non-invasive treatment options available to them, and will not proceed until you are 100% satisfied with your personalized treatment plan.
Each of our three California office locations (Beverly Hills, Valencia, and Santa Clarita) is equipped with state-of-the-art technology designed to mitigate the risk of complications and maximize the likelihood of successful treatment outcomes. Unlike the harried treatment environments of many plastic surgery practices, Dr. Saadat and his well-trained staff members will be completely accessible to you throughout your cosmetic enhancement experience, should you have any concerns or questions.
If you would like additional information about having your neck lift surgery performed by Dr. Saadat at the Beverly Hills Aesthetic Surgical Institute, please contact our office today. We look forward to speaking with you, and to scheduling your initial consultation with Dr. Saadat.