PLATELET RICH PLASMA – PRP HAIR LOSS TREATMENT
Hair loss is one of the most self-esteem draining cosmetic issues that one can experience, and it is something that both men and women deal with. Luckily, a solution to hair loss and thinning can be found locally in Beverly Hills. Dr Saadat is an expert in Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy.
What is Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy?
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy is used in hair restoration as a stand-alone hair loss treatment and in conjunction with other non-surgical and surgical treatment plans. PRP is created from your own blood, which is comprised of red and white blood cells along with platelets, and is used to stimulate hair regrowth with dormant or newly transplanted hair. PRP is concentrated blood plasma which contains three to five times the number of platelets found in normal circulating blood and transforming growth factors. The PRP is spun at high speed, resulting in higher concentrations of your platelets and growth factors. Using a thin needle, your own Platelet Rich Plasma is injected into the balding and thinning areas on your scalp. PRP contains platelet derived growth factor (PDGF), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), transforming growth factor (TGF) and other bioactive proteins that aid in wound healing and as a safe and effective hair loss treatment for men and women battling hair loss.
PRP Hair Regrowth Factors Include:
- Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF)—promotes blood vessel growth, cell replication, skin formation
- Transforming Growth-Factor-Beta (TGF-b)—promotes growth of matrix between cells, bone metabolism
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF)—promotes blood vessel formation
- Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF)—promotes cell growth and differentiation, blood vessel formation, collagen formation
- Fibroblast Growth Factor-2 (FGF-2)—promotes growth of specialized cells and blood vessel formation
- Insulin Like Growth Factor – (IGF)—a regulator of normal physiology in nearly every type of cell in the body
PRP Hair Restoration procedures are outpatient procedures and are non-invasive in nature. The procedure typically takes between 45 minutes to an hour, done in our state of the art and comfortable at our Beverly Hills Aesthetical Surgical Institute. The procedure involves drawing a small sample of your blood into a test tube. Then, the sample is processed in a centrifuge at high speeds to separate the platelets and other blood components, creating the platelet-rich plasma. A platelet activator, calcium chloride, is added. The PRP, which contains many growth factors, is then placed into syringes and re-injected into the area(s) of hair thinning or hair loss. Local anesthesia is offered to patients prior to the actual injections. After the initial injections, the next treatment is recommended at 12 months.