LOOK WELL-RESTED AND REFRESHED AT ANY AGE WITH BROW LIFT SURGERY
At rest, a youthful brow is positioned above the orbital rim, with the lateral end or ‘tail’ of the brow positioned higher than the medial end. With age, the brow can begin to sag, and may assume a horizontal or flat position, which can distort your facial expressions and give the appearance of a perpetually displeased or tired facial visage.
Also known as a forehead lift or browplasty, brow lift surgery is one of the most powerful surgical countermeasures to reverse the unwelcome effects of aging and gravity on the upper facial area.
A brow lift is also a time-tested method for rejuvenation of the upper third of the face. Brow lift surgery works by tightening the soft tissues of the forehead to restore youthfully taut, lifted contour to the forehead, upper eyelids and eyebrows.
ARE YOU A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR A BROW LIFT?
You may be an excellent candidate for brow lift surgery if you are dissatisfied with your facial appearance because of one or more of the following aesthetic issues:
- Deep horizontal creases across the forehead
- Furrows or “frown lines” (lines of the bridge of the nose between the eyebrows)
- Sagging or low eyebrow position creating a perpetually tired, sad, disgruntled, or angry appearance
- Excess fatty tissue and/or skin hanging over the upper eyelid causing the formation of lateral skin folds and a ‘hooding’ effect in the outer corners of the eyes (between the eyebrow and eyelid)
- Makeup application on the upper eyelid is hindered because the surface areas of the eyelid has been obscured by drooping tissues over time
A simple way to tell if you might benefit form a brow lift is by gently lifting the skin above your eyebrow—if this results in a pleasing, ‘refreshed’ appearance and eliminates most of the excess skin in the upper eyelid area, a brow lift may be an ideal choice to fulfill your cosmetic goals and allow your outer appearance to reflect your inner vitality, by giving you an alert, well-rested, and approachable appearance.
Brow lift surgery can create a more alert and rejuvenated facial appearance, and is often performed in conjunction with other facial aesthetic enhancement procedures (i.e. eyelid surgery/blepharoplasty, skin resurfacing, rhinoplasty, facelift), for a more holistic facial rejuvenation. However, in order to reap the many benefits of brow lift surgery, you will need a plastic surgeon who specializes in facial surgery, such as the lead facial plastic surgeon at the Beverly Hills Aesthetic Surgical Institute, with office locations in Beverly Hills, Valencia, and Santa Clarita, California. Dr. Saadat is a Triple Board Certified Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon who employs his extensive facial surgery expertise and cutting edge surgical techniques to achieve lasting facial rejuvenation with expertly performed brow lift surgeries.
BROW LIFT PROCEDURAL OPTIONS
Brow lifts can be performed using a variety of techniques, which primarily differ in terms of the length and placement of the incisions. The four most commonly utilized forehead lift options are as follows:
- Temporal Brow Lift: when performing this technique, Dr. Saadat will lift the forehead through a series of smaller incisions made within the temple region of the scalp and forehead. Although this method offers the advantage of camouflaging most of the incisions within the scalp, the results are not as long-lasting or as comprehensive as a coronal lift, because only the outer portion of the brow is lifted. However, the recovery period is shorter than that necessitated by a coronal lift.
- Coronal (“open”) Brow Lift: this technique is appropriate for older patients requiring significant lifting and the correction of deep forehead creases/furrows. After making an incision along the hairline across the top of the head, Dr. Saadat will weaken some of the forehead musculature and elevate the entire forehead area to create a youthfully smooth surface
- Mid-Forehead Brow Lift: ideally suited for male clients with deep forehead wrinkles and/or a receding hairline, this technique involves elevating the facial musculature surrounding the orbital area and removing excess the skin just above the brow
After conducting a comprehensive medical assessment of your facial anatomy and listening carefully to your brow lift goals, Dr. Saadat will provide his expert recommendations as to the optimal brow lift technique to ensure the safe fulfillment of your surgical objectives. When treating younger patients in their 20s, 30s, or 40s who would like to refresh their facial appearance but do not require the intensive rejuvenation of a traditional brow lift, Dr. Saadat may recommend a “mini brow lift,” also referred to as an endoscopic brow lift:
- Endoscopic Brow Lift (“Mini brow lift”, “lateral brow lift”): an excellent choice for patients with mild to moderate brow furrows and creases, this less invasive brow lift technique involves the insertion of a small camera (attached to the end of an endoscope) through tiny incisions along the hairline to remove the muscles between the eyebrows that are responsible for causing frown lines while simultaneously raising and repositioning the forehead to a more youthful position
BROW LIFT RECOVERY
You will need to wear a soft wrap around your head for the first two to four days after your browplasty procedure, and we recommend that you keep your head elevated whenever possible to minimize post-surgical bruising and swelling. You will have a follow-up visit approximately one week after your surgery, at which time your sutures or surgical staples will be removed and Dr. Saadat can make sure that you are healing properly. Most of our patients find that they are able to gradually resume participation in physical activities 2-3 weeks after their surgery; however, this time frame fluctuates depending upon your body’s healing capacity. The brow lift technique utilized for your procedure will also determine the length of your recovery process—coronal brow lifts typically necessitate more extensive recovery periods than other brow lift procedures, and can cause temporary post-surgical numbness or itching.
CONTACT THE BEVERLY HILLS AESTHETIC SURGICAL INSTITUTE
As a valued patient at the Beverly Hills Aesthetic Surgical Institute, you will reap the benefits of a patient-centric practice built upon the core principle of comprehensive patient education. Triple Board Certified Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon Dr. D. David Saadat goes to great lengths to ensure that his patients understand the full range of surgical and non-invasive treatment options available to them, and will not proceed until you are 100% satisfied with your personalized treatment plan.
Each of our three California office locations (Beverly Hills, Valencia, and Santa Clarita) is equipped with state-of-the-art technology designed to mitigate the risk of complications and maximize the likelihood of successful treatment outcomes. Unlike the harried treatment environments of many plastic surgery practices, Dr. Saadat and his well-trained staff members will be completely accessible to you throughout your cosmetic enhancement experience, should you have any concerns or questions.
If you would like to learn more about our brow lift (or mini brow lift) procedures, please contact the Beverly Hills Aesthetic Surgical Institute today. We look forward to speaking with you, and to scheduling your initial consultation with Dr. Saadat.